I’ll be the first to say that Cakes & Baking really isn’t my thing. If it were a choice of just two courses I would nearly always go for Starter & Main.
However, this recipe for Pistachio, Coconut & Blueberry Cake, is right up my street. The only problem with it, is how moreish it is, which isn’t particularly helpful when you are trying to shed a few pounds!
I think part of the reason why I tend not to bake that often is down to the precision and accuracy that is quite often required in terms of timing, temperature and measuring of ingredients.
However this recipe for Pistachio, Coconut & Blueberry Cake seems to be pretty flexible and the finished result always tastes amazing!
Why will you Love this Cake?
- It is really easy to make – just bung all the ingredients in a bowl and bake in the oven for 30 mins – simple!!!
- Low in Gluten – only a small amount of flour (and you could remove completely if you wish!
- Looks great on your table after a meal
- The blueberries inside the cake are like little jam bombs – Amazing!
Tell me how to make this then!
It really is extremely simple!
- Add all the dry ingredients into a bowl & stir together
- Add the melted butter & eggs and combine
- Pour the mixture into a greased cake tin
- Sprinkle with Pistachios and Blueberries
- Bake at 170C for about 25-30 minutes
- Once cooled make a ganache out of dark chocolate and a bit of cream and pour over the cake
- Decorate with extra chopped pistachio nuts and dried rose petals
Pistachio, Coconut & Blueberry Cake
A delicious cake made from a mixture of ground nuts and topped with blueberries and pistachios.
- 100 grams Sugar
- 90 grams light brown Sugar
- 180 grams ground Almonds
- 30 grams ground Pistachios
- 50 grams dessicated Coconut
- 50 grams self raising Flour
- 150 grams unsalted Butter
- 3 large ggs
- 1 punnet Blueberries
- 50 grams chopped pistachios
- 150 grams dark chocolate
- 50 ml Double Cream
- Rose Petals to decorate
- Step 1 Heat your oven to 170C
- Step 2 Lightly grease your cake tin with butter
- Step 3 Melt the butter in a pan and allow to cool a little
- Step 4 Add both the sugars, ground almonds, ground pistachios, coconut and flour to a large bowl and mix together
- Step 5 Stir in the eggs and melted butter and combine well
- Step 6 Pour into the cake tin, place the blueberries on top and push gently into the mixture
- Step 7 Scatter half of the chopped pistachios on top
- Step 8 Bake in the oven for 30 minutes
- Step 9 Remove from the oven and allow to cool
- Step 10 Make the ganache by melting the dark chocolate in a bowl over some boiling water.
- Step 11 Once melted add the cream and stir to combine
- Step 12 Pour the ganache over the cake and decorate with extra pistachios and rose petals
I hope you enjoy making this cake, please let me know in the comments below what you think of this recipe and give a star rating.
If you do try this recipe, please post pics on Instagram and tag #cannykitchen @cannykitchen